- The Cedar Rapids CHADD Support Group will hold an evening meeting on Wednesday, March 12th 5:30-6:30pm at the Science Center at 5824 Council St NE, Cedar Rapids. Liz Hooley of Grant Wood will be joining us to have open discussion and tips & hints for managing schoolwork and school communications. This meeting is being held during the Science Station's Brain Awareness Week celebration.
- Brain Awareness Week March 10-16, 2014 at the Science Station - all events are free:
- Tuesday, March 11 6:307:30pm Pretty Heady Business - Recognizing and Evaluating Concussions,
- Wednesday, March 12 5:30-6:30pm Cedar Rapids CHADD support group meeting
- Wednesday, March 12 6:30-7:30pm Stay Focused Understanding the Neuroscience of ADHD by Dr. Mike Powell
- Thursday, March 13 10:30am-2:30pm School Group Day
- Contact Sarah at the Science Station for any questions related to the Brain Awareness Week activities at 319-363-7836 or email@example.com
- Contact Kathy Harriott for any questions related to the CHADD support group meeting at 319-551-8352
- The Cedar Rapids C.H.A.D.D. group is excited to offer 4 regional workshops. The topic of these workshops is "Life Transitions With ADD / ADHD", featuring Jane Rock or Michelle Wehr, Transition Specialists at the Area Education Agency #9. Jane and Michelle will be discussing several life transitions for children and their families such as: elementary to midde school, middle school to high school, and high school and beyond.
The workshop dates, times and locations are:
- Saturday, April 26, 2014, 9:30am-12 noon, in Dubuque,
- Saturday, January 11, 2014, 9:30am-12 noon, in Bettendorf,
- Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 6:30-8pm, in Muscatine,
- Saturday, October 19th, 2013, 9:30am-12 noon, at Mercy Hospital, McAuley Room, Iowa City.
Please join other families as we listen to and meet these speakers at one of this year's regional CHADD workshops.
Resource materials will be available at the workshops.
These events are free, light refreshments and snacks available. For inclement weather, please check this web site for workshop updates.
For more information, please contact Cindy Laughead, President CHADD of Iowa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by CHADD of Iowa. Please visit the web site at www.chadd.org.
For information related to the Cedar Rapids CHADD chapter contact: Call Kathy Harriott, 319-551-8352 or email at email@example.com.
**If you are not a CHADD member, or are new to CHADD, please sign up using our online form and enter your contact information with CHADD so that we can contact you about local activities. Your privacy is protected and will not be used for any other purpose except to contact you about CHADD programs and activities.
Do you need immediate Assistance/information about ADHD?
Pease contact CHADD's national Resource Centers on ADHD at 800-233-4050, press 2 (9-5:00 weekdays). You can also go to www.help4adhd.org for additional AD/HD information
Learn more about the Parent to Parent Training on ADHD (fee)
Parent to Parent provides educational information and support for individuals and families dealing with AD/HD and learning to navigate the challenges of AD/HD across the lifespan. Courses are offered in local communities across the country. (more)
CHADD does not endorse or represent products, services, publication, medications or treatments. Meetings are FREE and open to the public, although membership with CHADD is strongly encouraged, since your local group will receive a portion of your dues to continue supporting your community.
This information was last updated on: 02/21/2014